The Protect IU Blog
Privacy Awareness Videos Now Available
Indiana University now has a number of short videos available for increasing the privacy awareness and expertise of our community.
First, SANS (an information security training, certification, and research organization) and EDUCAUSE (the higher education information technology professional society) have teamed together to develop a free privacy awareness video that colleges and universities can use in their privacy education and training efforts. It's short and to the point - why not take a look and increase your privacy awareness? It's free and open to the public:
Second, for IU employees, three short and interactive training modules, each about three minutes long, are now available in the E Training system:
- The Relationship Between Privacy and Security
- Nothing to Hide? Why Privacy Matters
- Privacy Principles
To access these video training modules, log into Onestart (Onestart-->Services-->Administrative Systems-->E Training) and then:
- Click on “Launch E Training”
- Choose “Register for Courses”
- Choose “University-wide”
- Choose “University Privacy Office”
- Pick a course and take it. You can take them all if you like. They need not be taken in any particular order.
Become more privacy savvy! Watch a few short videos today!
Merri Beth Lavagnino is IU's Chief Risk Officer