Privacy Policies at Indiana University
Indiana University has adopted privacy-related policies and procedures applicable to all members of the university community and strives to implement safeguards to address privacy issues consistent with the university mission and environment, applicable legal requirements and professional standards, generally accepted privacy norms, and available resources.
Privacy is a broad topic, and thus there are multiple privacy policies at IU, each addressing specific uses, activities, or types of information.
- IT-07 Policy: Privacy of Electronic Information and Information Technology Resources
- ISPP-24 Policy: Web Site Privacy Notices
- ISPP-27 Policy: Privacy Complaints
- Access to Employment Records
- Confidentiality and Privacy in Research Involving Human Subjects
- Student Privacy & FERPA
- Video and Electronic Surveillance
Complaints focusing on any of the following areas may be submitted regarding: (i) IU’s privacy policies and procedures; (ii) compliance with those policies and procedures; (iii) concerns related to the use, disclosure and protection of personally identifiable information; or (iv) concerns related