Tools & Software
Everything from scanning your computers and servers for vulnerabilities to ensuring your department has a business continuity plan, the tools and software found here can help. What's more, all are free of charge to IU faculty and staff and most to students.
- E Training
- E Training offers a centralized repository of online training, tutorials, and compliance-driven education and awareness.
- Identity Finder
- Identity Finder is a tool that can search computer systems and web sites to identify, delete, and secure sensitive data thus reducing the risk of data breaches and identity theft.
- InCommon Certificate Service
- IU has partnered with the InCommon Certificate Service to provide unlimited free SSL certificates to all units. This will replace the IU Certificate Authority (IUCA), and is available to all IU campuses.
- IU Ready
- IU Ready is an online continuity planning tool designed for campuses, medical centers, and other institutions of higher education.
- Personal and Corporate Software Inspector
- Secunia PSI scans your computer for thousands of known programs, checks for missing security patches and vulnerabilities in those programs, and reports back to you with information on how to update them.
- PGP Whole Disk Encryption
- Disk encryption adds an extra layer of security by encrypting a computer's entire hard drive, requiring a password before it can boot. This ensures unauthorized third parties can't read the contents of the drive.
- UISO Vulnerability Scanners
- The UISO Web Scanner attempts to discover vulnerabilities in your Web site or application.
- Unified Compliance Framework
- The Unified Compliance Framework (UCF) is a complex database with multiple elements that reflect over 400 authority documents and are beneficial as stand-alone references, or as intertwining templates that address requirements through the linking of sources to harmonized controls.
- Web Site Privacy Notice Generator
- This software uses answers you provide to our questions to craft a customized privacy notice for your web site.