Email our dedicated travel safety help line with any questions about travel safety guidelines or resources, or for information specific to your destination:email@example.com.
Resources at IU
Office of Overseas Study
IU’s Office of Overseas Study has compiled a range of helpful information for assisting students and other members of the IU community as they prepare and embark on international travel. Helpful resources include:
- General Health and Safety Guidelines
- A Travel Abroad Checklist
- A Handbook for Overseas Study Participants
- Passport and Visa Information
IU Travel Management Services
The Travel Management Services site provides policy and procedure details for IU sponsored travel, including instructions for using the online travel system and working with our contracted travel vendors, and a list of local and global discounts available to IU travelers.
FBI Travel Tips
- Safety and security of students traveling overseas (PDF)
- Safety and Security for the Business Professional Traveling Abroad
US State Department
On the US State Department travel site you will find:
- How to register your trip with the US embassy in your destination country
- Country specific information sheets
- Tips for traveling abroad
Xe.com provides a free universal currency converter, the same tool used by IU Travel Management Services to verify exchange rates on traveler reimbursements. It can be helpful to familiarize yourself with the basic exchange rate before visiting another country.
Maps and Weather
You may wish to look into purchasing travel insurance. Individuals are often surprised to learn that coverage from their credit card company isn't exactly what they expect. Travel Insurance Review has a nice tutorial: Travel Insurance 101.