- Graduate Certificate in Web Technology from Harvard University (Expected 2020)
- Ph.D. in Occupational and Environmental Health from Purdue University, West Lafayette
- M.S. in Industrial Hygiene from Purdue University, West Lafayette
- B.S. in Occupational Health Sciences from Purdue University, West Lafayette
- B.S.E.H. in Environmental Health Sciences from Purdue University, West Lafayette
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Chemical Hygiene Officer (CHO) from the National Registry of Certified Chemists
- Occupational Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST) from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals
- Fire Inspector I from the Indiana Department of Homeland Security (IDHS)
Dr. Beauregard Middaugh received the Eli Lilly Endowment, full-tuition scholarship to Purdue University during his undergraduate education, and continued his graduate education as a paid fellow through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) Training Program Grant (TPG). Dr. Middaugh’s doctoral research focused on the study of various technologies to evaluate and control particulate exposure in the workplace. He received top academic honors including the Wayne V. Kessler Award (Highest Graduate Student Honor in the Purdue University School of Health Sciences), the 3M Industrial Hygiene Graduate Award, the Purdue University, School of Health Sciences, Graduate Service Award, the Eli Lilly & Company, Industrial Hygiene Graduate Award, and a number of other research and academic awards.
Dr. Middaugh has also taught Environmental Health at the graduate level within the Richard M. Fairbanks School of Public Health at IUPUI, and currently serves on the Purdue University School of Health Science Industrial Hygiene Advisory Board. As a professional, he received the National Safety Council (NC) Rising Star of Safety Award during its inaugural year and is a former recipient of the American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) Indiana Local Section, Outstanding Achievement Award. He has also served in a number of elected leadership roles within the AIHA Local Section and the National AIHA organization. His professional career spans more than 10 years across construction, industry, and academia, serving as the President of an independent consulting firm and most recently as the Sr. Industrial Hygienist and EHS Systems Manager at Indiana University.
Dr. Middaugh currently provides direction for Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) across all University campuses, including oversight of EHS service contracts with IU Health (Riley, Methodist, and University Hospital) and Eskenazi Hospital. He currently oversees 60 staff members across the 17 Indiana University academic and medical campuses in the areas of Public Health, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Management, Laboratory Safety, Radiation Safety, and Biological Safety.