1700 Mishawaka Avenue
South Bend, IN
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity Risk Management (expected early 2021), Indiana University
- Master of Library Science, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis
- Bachelor of General Studies, Indiana University South Bend
- Associate of Science in Computer Science, Indiana University South Bend
- SANS GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC)
Gary Browning is a Lead Security Engineer for the University Information Security Office (UISO), where he supports security consulting, information gathering, analysis, sharing, incident response, and information product development activities of the UISO. Additionally, Browning serves as a senior liaison and investigator who provides guidance to IU regional campuses. Previously, he served as a Lead Security Analyst where he assessed third-party applications and services to determine if the products met industry standards for protecting Indiana University data and resources.
Before Browning joined the UISO, he was Director of Web Technical Services for Indiana University South Bend, where he provided leadership and strategic direction. He has been with IU since 1994.
Browning’s technological expertise includes, but is not limited to, web and database administration, Linux administration, network and IT application operations, and client/server technology.
Presentations and Publications
- Browning, G., & Kwong, V. (2013). To Be Hacked or Not to Be Hacked! Co-presented at the Indiana Library Federation Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN.
- Browning, G. (2016). Information Sec__ity, What's Missing? UR! Presented at the Chinese American Library Association Midwest Chapter Annual Conference, South Bend, IN.
- Browning, G. (2017). Safeguarding Systems, Software, and Networks using CIS Secure Suite. Presented at Statewide IT Conference, Bloomington, IN.
- Browning, G., Kwong, V. (2017). Leading Big, Leading Small: Strategies that Lead to Successful Changes. Co-presented at Library and Information Technology Association Forum, Denver, CO.
- Browning, G. (2017). Library Digitally Secure - Check, Patrons Digitally Secure - Uh Oh! Presented at Library and Information Technology Association Forum, Denver, CO.