- Master of Science in Criminal Justice and Public Safety (in progress), IUPUI
- Master’s in Pastoral Counseling, Andersonville Theological Seminary
- Master’s Certificate in Emergency Management and Public Safety, IUPUI
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Western Michigan University
- Michigan Law Enforcement Academy graduate
- Indiana Law Enforcement Academy graduate
Thomas Remender has worked in law enforcement for more than 20 years -- the last nine with IUPD, where he most recently served as a sergeant at IUPD-Indianapolis. His other roles in law enforcement have included patrol officer, shift commander, shift sergeant, and operations lieutenant.
Remender has overseen several teams during his career, including the Field Training program, IUPD Cadet Officer program, mentoring program, bike patrol, investigations and undercover operations. As interim chief of police for IU Kokomo, he provides leadership, direction, and oversight for all law enforcement functions. He is an instructor for the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy on S.T.O.P.S. and active shooter.
Remender was the founder and president of Alpha & Omega Youth and Family Services for 18 years, serving central Indiana at-risk youth with counseling and mentoring services. He has been a volunteer with the Salvation Army, and has been a junior high basketballl and baseball coach for more than six years.
- Crisis Intervention Team
- Advanced ICS Command Training
- Primary Instructor – Generalist
- Supervising and Managing the Field Training Program
- Fundamentals of Supervision
- Chaplain, Fellowship Ministries International