- FBI National Academy graduate
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice, Indiana University
- IU Police Academy, Law Enforcement Certificate
IUPD Major and Director of Community Engagement and Threat Assessment Laury Flint, an IU alumna, served as chief of IUPD-Bloomington for more than five years before beginning her current position in spring 2019.
As director, she works with all IU campuses to develop a comprehensive, consistent approach and response to any reports of concerning behavior. She will continue to work closely with campus and community partners to promote essential active engagement.
Flint began her law enforcement career as a student
She has been active with a wide variety of university offices and committees involved with monitoring and improving the safety of the IU Bloomington campus community. Flint remains a sworn law enforcement officer with IUPD and instructor for the Indiana University Police Academy.
- Fiscal Officer Development Series (FODS)
- Legal Compliance Refresher
- All Hazards Incident Management Team - Liaison Officer
- Sports Event Risk Management
- Advanced ICS Command and General Staff - Complex Incidents
- Intermediate ICS for Expanding Incidents
- Supervisors’ Seminar
- Crisis Intervention Team
- Managing Civil Actions In Threat Incidents Command Course
- Legal Compliance Series for Supervisor
- Primary Instructor - Generalist
- Oleoresin Capsicum Aerosol Basic Certification
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Healthcare Provider