Policies & Procedures

University approval of agreements

University approval is required for agreements with vendors and performers slated for events or activities at IU. Contact INLOCC at racoma@indiana.edu or 812-855-9758.


You want fireworks?

Review the university's Fireworks/Pyrotechnics on University Property policy and then send an email to INLOCC@iu.edu  at least 30 days prior to the event to provide details required by the policy.

Read the policy

No smoking on campus

All of the IU campuses are smoke-free.

Read the policy

Insurance requirements

Vendors must supply a certificate of insurance that meets the requirements of IU's Office of Insurance, Loss Control and Claims. Contact INLOCC at racoma@indiana.edu or 812-855-9758.



Portable toilets must be provided at the rate of one for every 100 people at your event.

Read more


Check out best practices.

Visit ADA@IU

Drawings and prizes

Drawings and other "games of chance" may be used to increase interest in an event but value of the giveaways is limited.

Read the policy

Can alcohol be provided?

Yes. See IU's policy Requirements for Service of Alcoholic Beverages on Indiana University Premises and read more about beverage guidelines on Protect IU.

Read the policy

Security requirements

Security is a consideration for every event or activity. Please contact your campus police division or event planning authority to review any needs.

Contact IUPD

Handling money

For questions about handling money and whether events can be money-makers, please review the IU policy Establishing and Modifying Revenue Producing Activities. You may also want to read the IU policy Processing Revenue.

Read the policy