When IU-Notify emergency alerts are sent, parents of Indiana University students often ask how to receive the alerts, or how to stop receiving them.
How to receive them
- Their student needs to add the parents' phone number to the student's profile in One.IU.edu. The student can find his or her profile by searching for IU-Notify once on the One.IU.edu webpage.
- All IU-Notify messages are posted to the IU Emergency Updates Facebook page. Alerts for every campus are posted here, in addition to updates that do not warrant an IU-Notify alert. Crime notices, which are only sent by email, also are posted here. Check out the Protect.IU website to learn more about IU-Notify emergency alerts, crime notices and the federal Jeanne Clery Act.
- Additional safety information for IU Bloomington is shared through the Safe IU Bloomington blog.
How to stop getting IU-Notify alerts
- Their student needs to remove the parents' contact information from the student’s IU-Notify profile in One.IU.edu.
- Contact email@example.com.
Public Safety and Institutional Assurance falls under the Office of the Executive Vice President for University Academic Affairs and the Office of the Vice President for IT and CIO.