New traffic patterns, a traffic app, extra signage and other measures are designed to ease the annual traffic crunch at IU Bloomington as students move into their residence halls.
The largest number of on-campus dwellers move in Wednesday, Aug. 16, but students begin moving in the Sunday prior. This website provides maps, driving and unloading instructions for all residence halls on campus.
Adjusted traffic patterns will be in place from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug. 16, with IUPD officers and extra signage helping drivers. The rerouted streets and designated parking also will be noted on the traffic app Waze.
Changes in traffic patterns include:
- 10th Street will be one-way west between Union Street & Jordan Avenue. Unload in the south lane of 10th Street.
- Eastbound traffic for 10th Street will be rerouted to Law Lane between Jordan Avenue & Union Street.
- 7th Street will be one-way east between Jordan Avenue & Union Street. Unload in the south lane of 7th Street.
- Sunrise Drive will be one-way south between 10th & 7th streets (Sunday-Wednesday).
- Rose Avenue will be one-way north between 3rd & 7th streets. Unload in the east lane of Rose.
- North Campbell Drive will be one-way south between 10th and 7th streets.
Information on Bloomington street construction projects that could affect traffic is available from the website of the IU Office of the Vice President for Capital Planning and Facilities and the city of Bloomington InRoads site.