Policy Number: ITE20-02
Source: Office of the Vice President for Information Technology
This temporary exception to Policy IT-20 applies ONLY to residents operating technology resources in their assigned residences in specified University Owned Apartment buildings on the IU-Bloomington (IUB) campus. This exception shall terminate on August 1, 2017.
The Office of the Vice President for Information Technology wishes to extend wireless services to students in University Owned Apartment buildings at the IUB campus; however, the university’s implementation of wireless services these buildings is not expected to be completed until Summer 2017.
Accordingly, OVPIT has agreed to allow students who reside in certain specified University Owned Apartment buildings on the IUB campus, to connect personal wireless access points to the university network until August 1, 2017 under the conditions outlined below which are designed to protect the security of the IU network.
Students residing in University Owned Apartment buildings referenced below may connect their own wireless access points to the university network without obtaining individual exception approvals, provided:
- They comply fully with published IU Wireless Networking Standards, in order to fulfill the spirit and purpose of Policy IT-20
- They terminate any wireless access points they have connected no later than August 1, 2017
- University East
UITS Enterprise Infrastructure will be the final authority for determining scope of this temporary exception.
- Extended relevant exception dates to Aug. 1, 2017
- Extended relevant exception dates to Aug. 1, 2016
- Extended relevant dates to Aug. 1, 2015
- Removed Hillcrest and extended relevant dates to Aug. 1, 2014
- Re-added Hillcrest and extended relevant dates to Aug. 1, 2013: November 6, 2012
- Replaced "students" with "residents" in scope: 5-Dec-2011
- Tulip Tree removed: 1-Dec-2011
- University West removed, and expiration date incremented one year: 1-Aug-2011
- Hillcrest Apartments removed: January 6, 2011
- Extended for 1 year on September 1, 2010: new expiration date of September 1, 2011
- List of buildings updated: January 7, 2009
- Draft: August 1, 2008