Indiana University offers a variety of multi-media resources to increase awareness and understanding of privacy and security matters. Administrators can also design their own courses using IU’s Canvas platform.
Privacy and security training and awareness
- Privacy courses available
Data Protection and Privacy Tutorial (enroll via IU Expand)
Overview: This online tutorial is intended to provide one with an understanding of:
- the types of data IU collects and how it is classified,
- data handling responsibilities, and
- the basic privacy laws one must comply with as an employee of the university.
- An accessible alternative is available.
Learn more about data management on the Data Management at IU site.
- Phishing education and training
Learn how to spot fake emails, websites, and social engineering scams in order to protect yourself and the university.
- Posters: Privacy and security
Consider downloading, printing, and distributing these free posters. They are good examples of simple and attractive awareness material that helps promote privacy-aware (and secure) information handling practices. Please feel free to print them out and post them in prominent locations, distribute them in mailboxes, or use in other creative ways.
Download IU-specific posters here: Educational Materials.
You can also download printable tip sheets and posters from Stop.Think.Connect.
- E Training: Repository of online training and compliance records
E Training (powered by IU Expand) is a self-service centralized repository of online training, tutorials, and compliance-driven education and awareness. Such a system alleviates the burden imposed on departments by developing and maintaining tutorial and training systems. The goal for E Training is to keep comprehensive records regarding what materials employees have taken and when, enabling them to certify their training and empowering the university to maintain robust compliance records. E Training allows content contributors (those responsible for creating and maintaining training courses) to provide intuitive online-based training and in-person training while collecting data that is necessary for reporting and analyses.
- Click here to access E Training.
- Use Canvas to build effective content (which can then be made accessible via E Training).
For more information: Email University Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the IU Compliance "Training and Education" site.