Public Safety & Institutional Assurance
Public Safety and Institutional Assurance serves the university through two vice presidential portfolios:
- Office of the Executive Vice President for University Regional Affairs, Planning, and Policy
- Office of the Vice President for Information Technology & Chief Information Officer
Through its assurance and public safety mission, the Office of the Executive Vice President for University Regional Affairs, Planning, and Policy pursues IU's commitment to providing the greatest degree of safety for all members of the IU community, consistent with a university mission and environment, applicable legal and professional standards, and the available resources. OEVPURAPP directly oversees the IU Police Department and university environmental health and safety and emergency preparedness functions, and it coordinates safety and security planning and operations in other university and campus offices. OVPRUAPP also engages the entire university community in emergency planning and preparedness.
The best and most effective way to have your question answered is to direct it to one of the offices in our unit.
- Environmental Health & Safety Management
- Emergency Management & Continuity
- Including questions related to IU-Notify.
- IU Police Department
- see university-wide contact information
- University Information Policy Office
- University Information Security Office
If you're still unsure where to begin, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward appropriately.