If hallway lights are out, locate exit stairs or doors and evacuate the building while emergency lights are on. Do not enter the building or use laboratories until power is restored. Emergency lighting should be considered temporary and will not support building operations. If you are in a laboratory equipped with a fume hood and/or biosafety cabinet, close all hoods and biosafety cabinet sashes.
If you discover leaking water or know the source of a water leak, contact Campus Facilities department (see below for campus phone numbers). Do not walk through standing water because of the potential for electrocution.
If you discover a natural gas leak, leave the area immediately and notify IU Police Department on your campus at 911 (9-911 also works from on-campus phones).
Learn more about gas leaks