Any job can have dangers, whether you work in a lab, in a construction zone, or at a desk. IU takes steps to identify and control the risks that might arise on the job so you have a safe, healthy work environment.
- Indiana has four distinct seasons, and two of them—summer and winter—can present unpleasant working conditions. Learn how to handle stress from heat or cold.
- Do you smell that? Find out what IU does to track down and eliminate sources of odors such as exhaust fumes or stale air.
- Sometimes your job requires you to do the same thing over and over again, such as typing or heavy lifting. Learn how you can optimize your workspace to prevent repetitive injury.
- You can’t see, smell, or taste radon—but that doesn’t mean this radioactive gas isn’t a problem. Discover what IU does to mitigate the effects of radon in university buildings.
- No matter how safe the workplace, accidents sometimes happen. Find out what to do when there is an on-the-job injury.