IUEHS offers both online and classroom safety training sessions for staff, faculty, and students to ensure that persons working on the IU campuses are given the knowledge and skills needed to reduce the risk of injury while performing work tasks and to meet regulatory requirements.
Accessing E Training
To enroll in online courses, take the following steps:
- Access E Training via One.IU
- Click the green "Start" button (you may be prompted to CAS authenticate at this step)
- Navigate to the Catalog section
- Click on the University-Wide folder.
- Click on the Environmental Health and Safety folder.
- Click on the folder for your respective campus.
- From here, you may choose to register for a classroom training or enroll in an online course.
Accessing Online Courses
- Click on the Online Training folder . You will see the icon of a computer monitor next to each course name.
- Locate the desired course name.
- Click the Enroll button.
- The Enroll button will change to Open. From here you may click on the "Open" button to launch the selected course immediately.
- If you do not take the course immediately, it will reside in your My Courses area so you may take training when time permits.
- A quiz is associated with each online course. Be sure to complete the quiz after viewing each course. You will not be able to take a quiz until you have completed viewing the course training module. You may access the quiz for each module at the end of the training.
Instructor Led Classroom Training
Classroom training sessions are available through your respective campus. To see dates and times of classroom training and to register for a class, please follow these instructions:
- Click on the Classroom Training folder. You will see the list of offered courses.
- Click the Enroll button next to the desired course name.
- A listing of all available dates and times will be listed. Click the Enroll button for the session of your choice.
- A page will appear confirming your enrollment.
- Once you complete the course, a record of your participation will be kept in the My Transcripts section of E Training. You may print a certification of completion from E Training at any time.
Certificates of completion can be printed from E Training. Following these instructions to print your certificate:
- From your E Training dashboard, click on the My Transcripts link, where a photograph of a diploma is shown. A list of completed courses will appear. If you do not see the course in question, check your My Courses section to make sure you have completed the course and quiz.
- In the My Transcripts area you will see a list of courses completed and the date of completion. Click on the course name to launch the certificate.
- The certificate will launch in a gray and white box. The Print button is located at the bottom of this box. Click Print to send to your local printer.